Monday, January 18, 2010

The beginning

I meant to start this in January so that I could finish at the end of 2010, but my good intentions were not actualised. I will attempt, however, to post 365 new recipes in 365 days. Some will be brand new, others my adaptations of things, but all will be recipes which I have enjoyed. If I don't get one in each day, I'll have to catch up with multiple recipes in a post, but I will attempt to get in all 365 by the 365th day. Today will be the first, beginning with:

Dad's Vegetarian Chili

2 cans kidney (or red) beans
1 can diced tomatoes (plain or with chilis)
1 can ready to serve tomato soup (or tomato sauce)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 green pepper, diced
pinch salt
1 tbsp parsley
1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano

Sautee the onions, garlic, pepper in olive oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with hot corn bread for a hearty meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment